Monday, October 1, 2012

DIY Hot Pad made with Stones

Its official.
Fall I mean. 

The reds, the yellow, the oranges. They have all pronounced its coming.
And man, am I ever enjoying it! Scarves, boots and jackets are slowly all coming back into my closet... looove it.



Since the beach days are coming to an end... its time to do some crafting. Hot pad made with stones coming up!

What you'll need:

Stones or glass beads (as flat as possible)
Glue gun
Foam or felt
Drawer grip




All the supplies.




I had to cut a template on paper before I cut the grip to get the right size. The drawer grip was a little bit too thin for what I wanted, so I also added some felt on the bottom to make it more secure. 


I taped it to the grip first so that I could cut it.


Once that was done, I glued the outside layer of rocks with my handy-dandy glue gun.


Then I laid out the rest of the middle to fit a pattern in there -- I highly recommend laying down the rocks exactly how you place them...you'll run into trouble other wise.



After I glued them all down, I pushed up from underneath to see where the gaps were -- I had to glue the parts that came spread apart when I did that to make it more secure.


Voila.



I did the same with some glass beads I had too and finished it off with some buttons in the gaps!

Happy Fall. Enjoy it before the cold comes like neon from the 80's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...